New to HD

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

train
Novice

New to HD

Post by train »

Hello there. I am new to HD. Been reading articles and posts for a year. The newbie section has contained some good information that I have used. I have been using this site for help in learning this hobby for a year and it has been great. I'm now looking into increasing the size of my still to an 8 or 15 gallon capacity pot still for whiskey's and rums. The tried and true recipe section is great such as Rad's All Bran recipe. I use it for small batches often. Just thought I would share some info about me.

I know that I am new and this may be out of place but something that would have really helped me (outside of the search feature) would to have a section of the board dedicated to definition of terms, parts, stills, etc. This I believe would help the lurker reading hundreds of pages understand the info being shared a little better. I know it would have myself.

Anyways, on to great drinks everyone!!!
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Re: New to HD

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Welcome! That's a good idea, I'll get on it.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome train,
I agree a terms list is a good thing, but at the same time, I feel like I really benefited from just reading things in context until the terms just 'made sense'. That's about how long it takes to really get a good sense of how this stuff works. By the time all the terminology made sense, I was about ready to safely proceed with putting my still together and doing some testing. If you keep at it, it will come together.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Hello train.
Here's SOME help: Glossary of Terms

Welcome to Home Distiller!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, it's all here and as mentioned it comes together through your own research and doing.
train
Novice

Post by train »

fizzix wrote:Hello train.
Here's SOME help: Glossary of Terms

Welcome to Home Distiller!
Thanks for sharing that.