First time poster

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Changnoi
Novice

First time poster

Post by Changnoi »

Hello from an undisclosed location! I am a small farmer with a huge annual load of fruit that essentially falls on the ground and rots if I don't collect it and do something with it. So, I have been stuffing it in my freezer this year, and working on my brandy making skills!

I haven't had a chance to read much of the forums. I was directed this way through the youtube channel Still It. I'll get right on the reading, but I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Now I gotta go butcher up a hog and some turkeys, catch some ducks, play some slide puzzle.

Later this week I'll be doing a stripping run on about 60gal of ~9.5% apple "cider" so I can flip the fermenter and start processing pears through it just to get them out of the freezer.

Nice to meet you folks and looking forward to getting to know you, learning stuff, sharing stuff, etc.
Bushman
Admin

Re: First time poster

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, we have a lot of great threads on distilling fruit.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

You sound like a hard working all around farmer like my great-uncles were.
Always enjoyed visiting their farms and couldn't believe the amount of work involved.
It would kill a lesser man like me.
Here's some brandy threads to get you started.

You can search on your own by using the HD Google Search above. Here's how it works:
search.jpg
All the best to you, Changnoi!
Changnoi
Novice

Post by Changnoi »

Thanks Bushman and Fizzix! I'll get to reading those brandy threads asap. I hope to have a couple keg boilers set up by next fruit season, and run them in primary+thumper configuration. Also making a 300 gallon fermenter out of an IBC. We'll see how that goes hahahahahaha

And yeah, it's a lot of work but there are so many rewards. This hobby is one of them! I mean, basically spirits are falling off the trees, all I have to do is all the work hahahahahaha