Heyy there

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Teetottler
Novice

Heyy there

Post by Teetottler »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and just saying hi!

This forum has been a great way to speed up my learning into the world of distillation. So much knowledge on here!!

I'm actually on here trying to answer to a very particular problem - how can I make a non-alcoholic spirit? Think gin, rum or liquor but without the alcohol.

I'm not really a teetottler - I do love a good dry gin and a single malt whisky. But I'd like to create something that I can share with family and friends which is a good substitute for drinking - you know, to encourage a healthier lifestyle and all...

It's been great reading through threads discussing ingredients and the best techniques for extracting flavours. I'm going to be experimenting with these over the next few months in the hope that I can come up with something that is even 80% as good as the real alcohol thing!

I'm playing around with a 3.0L copper alembic pot still I purchased recently..

Happy distilling! :thumbup:

Teetottler
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Heyy there

Post by fizzix »

Well I see you hangin' here for 2 days without a response, so I want to Welcome you in at least.
I really don't have a non-alcohol recipe for you. In fact it's something I try to avoid! :shock: :lol:

Found This Thread that might help you.

Try the HD Google Search above to look for more. Here's how it works:
search.jpg
Sorry I can't help further, but Welcome to you anyway!