Hello from Essex!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

DSmith78
Swill Maker

Hello from Essex!

Post by DSmith78 »

Hello all. I'm new to this wonderful hobby - currently got my 3rd gen cornflake wash bubbling away. Been a member of the parent site for a month or so and learned a heap from the lovely people there but then I noticed how many more people from the UK are here! Look forward to squeezing your brains!
There are three types of people in this world - those who can do maths and those who cannot.
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Re: Hello from Essex!

Post by Irishgnome »

Welcome DSmith78!

Have fun and be safe!
This is hands down the best site for the craft.

Cheers,
Irish
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
Darkbright
Novice

Post by Darkbright »

DSmith78 wrote:Hello all. I'm new to this wonderful hobby - currently got my 3rd gen cornflake wash bubbling away. Been a member of the parent site for a month or so and learned a heap from the lovely people there but then I noticed how many more people from the UK are here! Look forward to squeezing your brains!
Hi from Essex, there's a fair few members here now from the UK.
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Yeah it's really good to see! What a wonderful hobby, darkened only by the greed of HMRC.
There are three types of people in this world - those who can do maths and those who cannot.
Darkbright
Novice

Post by Darkbright »

DSmith78 wrote:Yeah it's really good to see! What a wonderful hobby, darkened only by the greed of HMRC.
Hear hear
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Welcome, DSmith78!
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Why thank you fizzix!
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Greetings from across the Big Smoke!
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Hello Mikey! How far across the smoke are you mate?
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

If I spit they close a runway at Heathrow!

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

They do love to "drone" on.... I occasionally work Hillingdon way...
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Ah that's not far from me at all. I'm south of the airport mind, although I work to the north. Small world eh?

DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

It is reassuring to find though. I started to think it was me and then Australia /New Zealand /USA!
DSmith78
Swill Maker

Post by DSmith78 »

Mikey-moo wrote:Ah that's not far from me at all. I'm south of the airport mind, although I work to the north. Small world eh?
And I'm working in Hounslow today!
Jason1979
Bootlegger

Post by Jason1979 »

:thumbup: Welcome DSmith78. Perfect place for squeezing brains, most the time mine feels like it's fermeting