Hello from WV

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

30xs
Swill Maker

Hello from WV

Post by 30xs »

Greetings everyone, from the middle of the state. I’ve been studying into distilling for a while now. This site has been the most informative that I have stumbled across. The only thing I’ve found missing is some of the pictures from the older posts that I would enjoy, due to being a more visual, and hands on learner. I looking forward to learning And progressing through this craft. Currently building both a 7 gallon and a 15 gallon keg pot.
just sayin
Rumrunner

Re: Hello from WV

Post by just sayin »

Welcome from WV! Enjoy your stay!
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

A picture is worth 1000 alcohol stills, 30xs.
That's why we now insist upon direct photo posting instead of 3rd party hosts. Note how to post a photo down in my signature line below.
I'm the same visual learner. You can describe all day what a healthy mash looks like, but until I see that corny concoction, it ain't working for me.

Come on in and enjoy the ride. Lots of smart (and smart-ass) folks here to help you with this exciting hobby.
Both the 7- and 15-gallon pots should serve you well. Make sure to stop by the Tried & True Recipes department
for enlightened guidance and success.

Welcome!
30xs
Swill Maker

Post by 30xs »

Thank you for the welcome. Planning on trying the Honey Bear for sure. I have a Sweet feed recipe to try as well. I’ve been reading for hours on end and haven’t scratched the surface. Great place to be. Thanks for having me.