Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

RunRufusRun
Novice

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Post by RunRufusRun »

Hello,
I’ve been distilling for about 8 years now, often times using this forum as a resource. Well I now feel I’ve been lingering long enough to join. I always had a bit of an obsession with making my own alcohol and I have a background in Welding, machining, and metal forming. Combine the two and this hobby just makes sense. I built my first Boka out of 2 small scrap copper sheets rolled up and soldered end to end, and ended up with a 2’ long by 3” wide column. A few pieces of pipe pounded flat for my slant plates and a little 1/4” copper tubing all on top of a beer keg and I was in business. More recently I have built an all copper pot still, thumper and shotgun condenser. I’m excited to share my methods of metal working while learning more about other aspects of this awesome hobby.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Post by acfixer69 »

Read your other post and had to look why nobody greeted you. Best I can guess is we were getting laid. Welcome to HD.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Haha ac. Welcome sir!

Always good to know a welder :). Where tyou from, anyway?

Enjoy the forum. You came to the best place, I promise.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
RunRufusRun
Novice

Post by RunRufusRun »

Thanks guys, I got my Valentine’s Day present early so I had a free night haha. I’m from central PA by the way.