Hey there from Nor-Cal!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Chachie
Novice

Hey there from Nor-Cal!

Post by Chachie »

Good morning all! New to the forum and distilling but very excited about the wealth of information i have found here! I've brewed cider in the past with great results, and the wife wanted a project we could work on together, so distilling it is! We ordered a 13Gal pot from Affordable, and a 3" elbow still kit with keg thumper parts from Olympic. We cant wait to get started! Just waiting on the stuff from Olympic, they've been snowed in for the last week, no FedEx in or out :roll: . The wife wants to start with a run of UJSSM (after a cleaning and sacrificial run of course) and then move on to sweet feed before dabbling in all grain. Again, happy to be here, happy to be distilling, looking forward to learning this new hobby!
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Re: Hey there from Nor-Cal!

Post by Irishgnome »

Welcome!

This is the best place on the web!
Read up and focus on safety.
Keep us posted on whatever you come up with.

Cheers!
Irish
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
JellybeanCorncob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by JellybeanCorncob »

Hey Chachie: My wife thinks I’m kind of crazy for doing this hobby. She may be right. Your lucky to have a partner that you can share this with. All the info you need is in this forum for making quality and safe spirits.
I’m here in Northern CA also. Are you north of San Francisco? I’m in the Bay Area. Anyway, welcome to you and your wife.
JBC
JBC
Chachie
Novice

Post by Chachie »

JellybeanCorncob wrote:Hey Chachie: My wife thinks I’m kind of crazy for doing this hobby. She may be right. Your lucky to have a partner that you can share this with. All the info you need is in this forum for making quality and safe spirits.
I’m here in Northern CA also. Are you north of San Francisco? I’m in the Bay Area. Anyway, welcome to you and your wife.
JBC
We are north, about 40 min or so.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Best of success to you and your wife, Chachie. Hopefully the snow will give way soon.
Now you two play nice! Glad to have you both here.
Chachie
Novice

Post by Chachie »

fizzix wrote:Best of success to you and your wife, Chachie. Hopefully the snow will give way soon.
Now you two play nice! Glad to have you both here.
Got my shipping notification right after I posted this!!! :D
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, if you are anywhere near Redding, NorCal Brewing Solutions is a great place for equipment.