New from the Mountain West USA

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

BrewThis
Novice

New from the Mountain West USA

Post by BrewThis »

Hello everyone.

Just want to introduce myself a little. I am fairly new to distilling. I have done a few runs off a basic sugar mash in my cheap little 5 gal still I got from China, nothing fancy. I have been brewing hard cider for several years now, have a small orchard of about 30 different fruit trees, mostly Apple. I do BBQ catering and have my own food trailer as well, I'm a musician - bass guitar, plus I'm a building inspector by day.

The sugar runs I've done have come out pretty well usually finish the run at about 65% and then proofed down to 45%. I'm looking to expanding my recipes to bourbon and rye whiskey as they are my favorites.

Looking forward to learning from all of your experiences and knowledge.

See you around.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: New from the Mountain West USA

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. Thank you for the proper introduction. You are well on your way to success. Enjoy the forums.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Howdy TwoBitBBQ. Make sure you take a look at our Tried & True Recipes as there's bound to be something there for you.
You can also use the HD Google Search above to find recipes that haven't made it to Tried & True yet.

Here's how that works:
search.jpg
Good to have you here. As a building inspector you may not get to hear that a lot!
See you around the water cooler, and Welcome!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

welcome aboard

OVZ
Honest_Liberty
Rumrunner

Post by Honest_Liberty »

yo bud, welcome from the Rockies!
Sweetfeed 100 proof for drinking white
All grain bourbon for testing my patience
Whatever else is left goes to the Homefree, because, I hate waste
BrewThis
Novice

Post by BrewThis »

Thanks for all the kind welcomes. I’ve already learned a lot from everything i’ve read so far. Getting ready start my first bourbon mash this weekend. Maybe sooner. Although I may have questions. Hopefully nothing to serious or anything.
Honest_Liberty
Rumrunner

Post by Honest_Liberty »

If you are in the Denver metro area PM me. I'm hoping to find some friends into the hobby out here
Sweetfeed 100 proof for drinking white
All grain bourbon for testing my patience
Whatever else is left goes to the Homefree, because, I hate waste
BrewThis
Novice

Post by BrewThis »

Honest_Liberty wrote:If you are in the Denver metro area PM me. I'm hoping to find some friends into the hobby out here

I wish I was closer. Would love to meet more people that are interested in this hobby that I could learn from in person. I learn much better with hands on experiencethen reading and reading and reading. Not that I haven’t been reading everything on here that I can.