Hello to HDF members!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Terrenum
Novice

Hello to HDF members!

Post by Terrenum »

Hello,

Just joined this forum so I will take a few minutes to introduce myself.

I am a family guy that spend pretty much all of his spare time cooking, smoking food, brewing beer or reading about these things. I now want to add distilling to my list of hobbies!

I have been working in the wine business for more than 15 years, mostly marketing and sales but have helped in the wineries for few harvests as well. I have been home brewing for more than 10 years and also started a micro brewery project where we use a local breweries facility to brew our beer commercially.

This is a short overview but in a nutshell, I know a lot about fermentation and making high quality products, but know very little about distilling and have no experience at doing it. Hopefully you guys can help answer my questions to produce to best outcome possible.
Cheers
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello to HDF members!

Post by fizzix »

Your transition to distilling will be smooth, I predict. Distilling is just making hop-less beer and boiling it for its alcohol.
And the bonus is it doesn't require the rabid sanitizing that beer & wine demand.
Welcome to Home Distiller, Terrenum!

I've included some handy links in my signature line below.
Terrenum
Novice

Re: Hello to HDF members!

Post by Terrenum »

Thank you Fizzix