Hi All

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Duddhist
Novice

Hi All

Post by Duddhist »

Hey everyone,

I've been kicking around the idea to distill for about a decade and finally took the plunge. I've been reading on and off in that time and felt pretty comfortable hitting the ground running. I've got a couple TPW washes run and and just ran my first gen of UJSSM. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it is damn tasty! Can't wait to see what the actual soured wash tastes like!

I've been mashing all grain for brewing beer for a long time and after I get handle on the finer points of pot stilling, I'll jump into some all grain mashes. My big interests are making whiskey and I'd like to try some rum too. Oh and soju. I haven't dug around here for rice ferments yet. If anyone can point me in a good direction on those I'd appreciate it.

Other than drinkin', I like cooking, playing table top rpg's, and listening to Megadeth.

Look forward to meeting y'all and thanks in advance for the shared wisdom and experience!
thecroweater
retired

Re: Hi All

Post by thecroweater »

Cordial welcome here, you will find plenty of information on all those mentioned ferments here.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Hello, Duddhist.
Here's how to use the HD Google Search up above:
search.jpg
Isn't that exciting trying that first drink and impressing the shit out of yourself?
Keep up the good work, and I'll catch you around the water cooler.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Welcome Duddhist.
It's magic, isn't it? Not the game, distilling.
Jason1979
Bootlegger

Post by Jason1979 »

Welcome Duddhist

Enjoy, I'm sure you will have great advice from the community on here, Im a newbie and the help has been amazing for me.

J