Hello from New Zealand

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

CJ Montana
Novice

Hello from New Zealand

Post by CJ Montana »

I've been making all grain beer for decades in the U.S. Now that I live in NZ where it's perfectly legal, I'm wanting get into distillation. I found this site and it looks like a great place to get started!
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, it is a great site. That was quit a move you made.
CJ Montana
Novice

Post by CJ Montana »

Yeah, I've been here in NZ 5 years now. Lived in Montana before, had a farm there and did electronic design for a big company to support my farming habit. The farm went belly-up and shortly after that, I got laid off. I had to move anyway, so I figured I might as well make a new adventure of it. So far, it's been good. Other than the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road and talk a bit funny, it's not a lot different than Montana...
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Stick with us here, CJ Montana, Home Distiller is an excellent place to learn.
Haven't seen anyone type with a strange accent in my short time here...

Your all-grain experience is a plus for distilling, and you don't have to sanitize!
Hell, I'm practically a pig when distilling and have to remember to clean up my act
when I go to beer brewing.

Best of luck to you, and Welcome. Watch out for the wrong way drivers.
CJ Montana
Novice

Post by CJ Montana »

What, you haven't seen anyone typing with a strange accent? Let me tell ya, they do that here.

Such as, I didn't realise I wouldn't have to sanitise (yes, that's all spelled correctly).

Right now I'm going to centre (another accent) my reading on constructing a still. I could buy one, since it's all legal here, the brewing supply stores sell them, no licence (yep, more of that typing accent) required. But where's the fun in that? Building stuff is one of my favourite (again) things. In my own defence (yep, again) I'm pretty good at fabrication and have a good idea on how to do it, but it's good to see what others have done...
:roll:

Thanks for all of the "welcomes." I'm already learning a lot!
8)
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

CJ Montana wrote:Other than the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road and talk a bit funny, it's not a lot different than Montana...
We have a wee bit more coastline :D

Welcome to the forum.
CJ Montana
Novice

Post by CJ Montana »

NZChris wrote:
CJ Montana wrote:Other than the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road and talk a bit funny, it's not a lot different than Montana...
We have a wee bit more coastline :D

Welcome to the forum.
LOL! True, and a lot more people...