Hello from Hungary!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hungary Bill
Novice

Hello from Hungary!

Post by Hungary Bill »

Hello everyone, my name is Bill and I'm an American living in Hungary. This is my second tour in, not only this magical country (where pot stills are openly sold in grocery and hardware stores), but this forum as well. I originally joined this forum many years back when I lived in Tacoma, Washington but as I was only using a reflux to make "fuel" I didnt have much to contribute. After that I moved to Kuwait, where I found that this forum was completely locked by the local gov (hooray IP hiders!) but I figured it was probably best not to post or surf too much while living there. As such my old credentials are long forgotten, so I'm starting a new.

So here goes!

Let me introduce you to "Handsome Jack". He's just your typical store-bought Hungarian pot-still. I think he displaces about 60-liters or so, and I got a pretty decent deal on it because it was the floor model. (I have a stainless steel boka I'm working on. Her name will be "Marie Leveau")
still.jpg
Mostly I got back on here to get some input while I learn to squeeze some fruit and maybe even some flaked corn. I saw Paulinka's thread was still running so I'm going to head on over that way to see what I've been missing out on over the last 4 or 5 years.

Cheers everyone!
-Bill

(Also, RamenTamer is my brother. I'm not sure if he still posts on here, but if you see him, tell him to swap those darn lines on his leibig condenser.)
Nothing to see here...
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hello from Hungary!

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to HD, if you remember your old handle can you send me a PM as we only allow one log on per member.
Thanks!
Hungary Bill
Novice

Post by Hungary Bill »

Sent ya a pm with some info, let me know if you don't get it.

Cheers!
-Bill
Nothing to see here...
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

You actually sent an email. I found your old handle and sent a PM, let me know what you want done.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Welcome back, Hungary Bill!
Good luck with everything, and I hope you have fun here at Home Distiller.
Hungary Bill
Novice

Post by Hungary Bill »

Thanks!

I just finished reading the thread. Looks like 'ol Paulinka hasnt posted anything on it since 2016, that's a bummer. I did, however, figure out that I processed 20kilos of cherries and who knows how many kilos of plums wrong (not to mention I picked the plums way too soon). I tried cooking the juice out of em, instead of going for "fruit mash should look like bad diarrhea". I'm still gonna run em and see what comes out the other side, but I am glad I got the info before apples came in.

good times
Nothing to see here...