Hello all

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Gruglat
Novice

Hello all

Post by Gruglat »

Hi Ive been distilling for about 10 years but have only just started to get a bit "professional" and decided to get more anal about everything :) I recently bought a reflux still from Kegland and decided I wanted to tweek it a bit by adding an extra length of height to it. I was a bit surprised to find it had SS scrubbers as inserts ( the column is copper). The extra column ive attached is stainless steel and as Ive got a packet of copper scrubbers doing nothing Im thinking about packing the SS with the copper ones and leaving the SS ones in the copper column. I have an idea to replace the top scrubbers in the copper column with a couple of copper ones or am I going for over kill with the copper ?
It seems like yesterday when I was siting around a campfire making booze from an old drum ( cleaned of course) a rubber bung and a coil of copper through a bucket of water ( I hate to think of how lucky I was to have survived without methanol poisoning :oops: :crazy: )
Eric
Novice

Re: Hello all

Post by Eric »

You will find all you are looking for here start with recommended reading good info there and build your recipe skills in the tried and true section Google search will help smooth out your questions you have along the way be safe cheers