Canadian here with a few ?'s

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Funon4wheels
Novice

Canadian here with a few ?'s

Post by Funon4wheels »

I chucked together a few 5gal pails of way too much sugar some bakers yeast n a couple lemons. Left it two weeks stirred a couple times added some pineapple a week in. Tossed a ss. 5gal pot on the stove threw a big ss. Mixing bowl on the top clamped her with a couple vicegrips. bent the shit outta some half inch plumbin pipe copper. Punched a hole in the bowl shoved er in filled er up n cranked it to max. Started rumbling like small block chevy so i backed er off to about 6 on the dial she seemed to like that the snow wasnt too good for coolin that beefy coil. Jus melted tunnels n insulated the heat like an igloo. Foreshots came out like varsol n could strip the hair off ur upper lip then it ran smelly n watery. Ran the second pail tryed babyin it n makin adjustments im not the scientific type n dont want a whole buncha nerds giving me the gears here jus a good ol boy givin it a go hands on type learn as u go lookin fur a few tips thanks.
thecroweater
retired

Re: Canadian here with a few ?'s

Post by thecroweater »

G'day F4W and welcome here,. I can see a few issues with ya post there but as this is ya welcome post I won't be going into it here. Here is a link to a very handy post for new chums complete with some very handy links
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52975#p7271807
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Fiddleford
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Canadian here with a few ?'s

Post by Fiddleford »

thecroweater wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:05 pm G'day F4W and welcome here,. I can see a few issues with ya post there but as this is ya welcome post I won't be going into it here. Here is a link to a very handy post for new chums complete with some very handy links
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52975#p7271807
+1 Welcome to the forum BTW
Rye whisky rye whisky oh dont let me down
Gunna have me a drink then gambol around
Here's some fiddle music
Pt1
Pt2