Howdy, y'all

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

agg2001
Novice

Howdy, y'all

Post by agg2001 »

hey everyone,

first time poster, short time lurker. figured 2020 would be the year i pick up a new hobby. made sense to pick one that ended up with a product i love already. used to build/race/teach motorcycles (track riding), but gave that up when my little surprise kid came around back in 2014 (third kid). haven't had anything to kill time with since then, and got sucked into this with the traditions and comradery, and of course, the final product. picked up a still for christmas and mashed in last wednesday with a bushel of honeycrisps one of my farmer buddy's sold me cheap (ended up with around a 12 gallon mash). was hoping it would be done in time for the superbowl, but it's still going strong as of this morning, so we'll see.

hoping to read a bunch, learn some stuff, and possibly post/help where i can.

thanks for having me.

-Agg... c/o '01.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Howdy, y'all

Post by fizzix »

Howdy right back at you, agg2001.
This is a great hobby when you like what you're making.
And if you have to give up motorcycles, I think distilling's a great substitute.
Good luck with your new still, and Welcome!
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

Aw man sucks that you hade to give up bike riding.
Bikes and alcohol are my favorite things, but they don't mix well.

I'm saving up to buy my daughter a pw50 when she gets 3, and I hope she'll help stilling some 15 years after that.

Welcome here, this hobby's real rewarding when you put in the time.
agg2001
Novice

Post by agg2001 »

fizzix wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:08 am Howdy right back at you, agg2001.
This is a great hobby when you like what you're making.
And if you have to give up motorcycles, I think distilling's a great substitute.
Good luck with your new still, and Welcome!
i didn't have to... just figured it was time. the risk of fallin off was getting more and more scary as i got faster and faster. plus the money... sweet lord. bought a pool a couple years after i quit riding... didn't even sting. haha!
Corsaire wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am Aw man sucks that you hade to give up bike riding.
Bikes and alcohol are my favorite things, but they don't mix well.

I'm saving up to buy my daughter a pw50 when she gets 3, and I hope she'll help stilling some 15 years after that.

Welcome here, this hobby's real rewarding when you put in the time.
they don't mix well... but the minis and alcohol do. :) there's a video of me jousting a dude on a minibike floating around out there somewhere. i had a broom, he had a 2x4 and the mini. guess who lost. lol!

thanks for the welcome fellas... i'm sure this'll be a fun ride!