Dutch novice distiller

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

metalmarc
Novice

Dutch novice distiller

Post by metalmarc »

Hello fellow distillers

The wife and me have been brewing and distilling for a about 5 years now.
We've made a lot of whisky and recently vodka (birdwatchers).
We have quite a nice stash after all those years, we still have jars from when we first started in the good old homemade 15L (4 gallon roughly) potstill.

I also like to experiment with macerating ALL the fruits and fermenting and distilling every fruit or berry i can get my hands on.

Recently i have been researching and experimenting with 100% corn whisky, rye whisky and potato vodka.
But i've hit some snags regarding the corn whisky, so i thought i'd sign up and read what the experts have to say about the matter.

Happy distilling
TDick
Distiller

Re: Dutch novice distiller

Post by TDick »

metalmarc wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:00 am Hello fellow distillers
But i've hit some snags regarding the corn whisky, so i thought i'd sign up and read what the experts have to say about the matter.
Welcome Down The Rabbit Hole!
Probably no one more "expert" for your situation than Odin.
A fellow Dutchman who encountered problems getting quality corn for distilling "over there" & came up with Cornflakes Whiskey
He is very helpful & very active on the site.
metalmarc
Novice

Post by metalmarc »

TDick wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:06 pm
Probably no one more "expert" for your situation than Odin.
Yeah of course i remember Odin from the dutch distillers forum which is sadly deleted. There's another dutch forum but it doesn't have the wealth of information that could be found on the old forum or here. I've been lurking this forum on and off for years now and this place is amazing as well.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Actually there are two Dutch fora and one of them, dutchdistillers, is more or less the propagation of thuisdistilleren. Same members and same wealth of experience too. The other, stookforum, has a lot of experienced members too, but is more informal.
But if you want to contact Odin, you have to be here.