FNG from NAZ

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

HodyMac
Novice

FNG from NAZ

Post by HodyMac »

Hello all, I’m new here. I’ve been lurking and reading for a little bit. I’ve made a few batches of beer in the past, and interested in doing some stilling!
Aside from reading a few print-books and reading a lot here I’ve also done a substantial bit of spirit sampling!

I’m interested, initially in whiskey, brandy, etc... so I’ve started off with a pot still. I’ve about got the still built and a parrot. I’m planning to use an Anvil Foundry 10.5 for a kettle and for making all grain mash. I hope that that will prove to be an effecting approach.

Oh, I’m in northern Arizona, USA.
Other hobbies mountain biking, travel, etc. in the past year I spend a couple weeks in Scotland and visited as many distilleries as I could. Also, more recently, did a tour of Grand Teton Distillery, and John did a great tour. While I normally do not like vodka At All, I liked the vodka there. The tour was inspiring. So....
Here we go!
seabass
Rumrunner

Re: FNG from NAZ

Post by seabass »

Welcome!