HELLO from USA

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

c93010
Novice

HELLO from USA

Post by c93010 »

Hello from America, the Land of the Free (not so free though when it comes to distilling). Odd place is America. For a land that boasts freedom they really to crack down and regulate distilling.

I’m an engineer by profession who likes to tinker while not at work. I’ve been brewing beer for two decades but always had the urge to distill. I finally ponied up and purchased a still to get into this hobby. It finally arrived last week. I currently have 25 gallons of 10% rum fermenting. It will be my first go at it. Exciting times.

You guys will be seeing me troll the forums and helping out. I don’t know much about distilling yet but I do have a solid foundation on chemistry, thermodynamics, material science, etc. I’m a engineer so let hope I know what I’m talking about LOL. I’ll be sticking to my strengths and posting what I know to be true. Cheers guys and stay safe in trying times.
Dewstiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: HELLO from USA

Post by Dewstiller »

Welcome to the forum. Cheers!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, in the proper forum if your rum recipe is different than ones on this forum I would like to read what you did.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Welcome to HD c93010! What still did you get? Any foto’s? Your beer brewing experience will be a great resource for ferments. Looking forward to your take.

Cheers,
-jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
c93010
Novice

Post by c93010 »

China still from Distillex at AliExpress. A complete kit for 600 US Dollars delivered. Not a bad deal and decent quality.
10 gallon kettle, 2"x2' column, 12" dephlegmator. Lets see how it turns out. Anyone interested in getting one and a detailed review shoot me a message.