Greetings northish uk

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bottles
Novice

Greetings northish uk

Post by Bottles »

Hi everyone.
Longtime lurker. First time posting. Brewed beer kits 10+ years. All grain 3 years. Looking for ideas of how to use apples from 12 apple trees (half standard) unfortunately there mostly dessert so the cider can be sharp.
Looking at getting parts together for a ccvm.
Andrew
Boozewaves
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Greetings northish uk

Post by Boozewaves »

Welcome to HD
Apples distilled are good , I did that in 2019 and wanted to do it last year but could only forage 15 litres worth of apples so I just kept them as cider . I got about 100 litres worth from 2 trees when I distilled it . mine were dessert apples too and made good white brandy

CCVM is a good simple still in my (limited compared to many on here) experience . I would definitely recommend going with a modular design that can be a pot still and also a CCVM if you want links for UK sellers of triclamp parts let me know + I can send you a message
Become a distiller : start here viewtopic.php?t=52975
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Re: Greetings northish uk

Post by SassyFrass »

Hello and welcome to HD. Brandy is good. Not easy but worth it. The information you want is here. Enjoy.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks: