Cheers from Canada

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Terrenum
Novice

Cheers from Canada

Post by Terrenum »

Hi there,

Happy to join this wonderful community. I am an experienced beer brewer and winemaker. I own a contract brewery and now getting into the world of spirits. I am a gin fan and this is the main reason I am joining this online group.
Just received my beautiful 5G/20L copper pot still; I do have the column as well.
Just wanted to introduce myself. If you have any question with respect to brewing beer or mash, I am confident I can help. On the other hand, despite my 20 years experience as a sommelier, I am approaching this new hobby with humility and open to learn from you all. I hope my many years of wine tasting will help me do better cuts!
GreenEnvy22
Swill Maker

Re: Cheers from Canada

Post by GreenEnvy22 »

welcome aboard. I came into this hobby after years of winemaking and brewing beer as well, but just at the hobby level. Being in the Niagara region I have access to lots of grapes. Just a 5-gallon batch of beer per month for me, and maybe 200L of wine a year (which we drink maybe a bottle a month, i give most of it away).
This site is great for learning and advice.
---
I have a 50L pot still with dual Liebig condenser.
I typically make Whisky, grappa, and brandy.