New from Wisconsin

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Markinwi
Novice

New from Wisconsin

Post by Markinwi »

Hello from WI. I'm here to learn about distilling. At this time I don't have a still and I just want to read learn. I know a couple people that make their own and it has been something I wondered about since that first drink of Apple Pie 30 years ago. Thanks for a great resource.
Mark
SnowJeeper
Novice

Re: New from Wisconsin

Post by SnowJeeper »

Welcome Mark!

As you’ve likely figured out, this place is a wealth of great information. Sit back, pour a glass, read and learn. I’ve found the folks to be very friendly as well.

Enjoy and don’t strain your back shoveling your snow.
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to HD. The good news is that you will learn all you want here. But it's time consuming, and new people usually want to jump right in to distillation. I thought I had it after a couple weeks on here. Read for months before deciding on much of anything. You will have less buyers remorse.

The more you read the more you realize this is a rabbit hole, welcome and stay safe.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Hello and welcome to HD. Sounds like you are doing things in good order. Doing the research before you dive in can possibly save you some money and aggravation in the future. Stay patient.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

Welcome aboard
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Chucker
Swill Maker

Post by Chucker »

Welcome to the adventure! Depending upon where you are located I may be able to help if you start looking to build.
IMALOSERSCUMBAG
Swill Maker

Post by IMALOSERSCUMBAG »

Yay, another from WI.

FYI, There's a couple of us from the Chippewa Valley area.
Chucker
Swill Maker

Post by Chucker »

St. Croix area