Hello from Earth

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mymarmot
Novice

Hello from Earth

Post by Mymarmot »

Greetings. I have been distilling for a while. I make what I make, and when I want to make something new I look on this for ideas. Thanks.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Hello from Earth

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Thats a pretty short introduction Mymarmot, do you think you could do a little better ?
What sort of still do you use? is it gas fired or electric ? How long is a while ? " I make what I make" doesn't tell us much , it could well be turbo yeast, no cuts rot gut rubbish.
The welcome center is here for good reason......to help us help you. With out knowing a little more than what you have told we cant do that.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Hello Earthling, and welcome.
Mymarmot
Novice

Post by Mymarmot »

I started with a pot still I built about 10 years ago and made straight corn liquor. I’m now using a keg and modified column still to make mostly bourbons and brandy. I age everything in oak barrels. Heat with electric using both a pid or ssr depending on how busy I am doing other things. Thanks