Hello from the UK

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

SheepDale
Novice

Hello from the UK

Post by SheepDale »

Hi all,
My name is Alan and I am from the UK. I joined this group today and have been brewing/distilling for around 6 years.

I am still a very big novice, but like to experiment with my equipment. I own 3x Air Stills (from Still Spirits), a T500 boiler & a T500 stainless steel reflux column. I also have a new boiler which is based on the T500, but has a controller on it, so can set the temperature between 20 and 110c (which is very handy). Two days ago I was lent the new Still Spirits Carbon Filter Pro which I hope to test tomorrow.

I want to make my own carbon filter as currently I have one of the original Still Spirits Z Filter which is good, but constantly leaks when you set it up. I will be looking at the build section to get ideas and would love to see what other people have created.

Below is my current boiler with T500 reflux column on it & a Still Spirits water controller on it. I added some quick release connectors too.
http://sharefiles.cyou/hd/20210404a.jpg
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to HD.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
SheepDale
Novice

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by SheepDale »

Thank you @SmokyMtn.
I think I know what I know, but I may be wrong.