Hello Friends

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hero
Novice

Hello Friends

Post by Hero »

Just started the hobby a few months ago after reading and learning until my brain hurt and I needed to get to it to ease the pain lol. Hello everyone, I am in the US and fortunate to live in a state where up to 100 gallons per year of personal use distinction is legal. I look forward to learning discussing and honing my craft with you all.

Just a side note, I have been just making sugar washes playing with perfecting that and flavoring, infusing, etc. Tonight I just distilled my first all-grain corn mash made with flaked corn and malted barley. To all you grain purists that insist on all-grain mashes... Ok, I get it now. Omg so good but if I am flavoring than I am sticking to sugar wash because... Yeah easy lol.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Hello Friends

Post by Demy »

welcome to HD!
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

Hey Hero, welcome to HD.

Keep in mind that while Missouri might theoretically allow for production, the feds still classify it as illegal, so I wouldn't stand by that as a defense. Better to stick to a low profile regardless.

It's a great hobby, enjoy the rabbit hole lol

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by Twisted Brick »

Hiya Hero!

Glad you found HD. There’s never been a better time to learn distilling. Stay safe and like Expat recommends: keep your hobby under your hat.

Welcome!

Twisted Brick
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Expat wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:20 am Hey Hero, welcome to HD.

Keep in mind that while Missouri might theoretically allow for production, the feds still classify it as illegal, so I wouldn't stand by that as a defense. Better to stick to a low profile regardless.

It's a great hobby, enjoy the rabbit hole lol
+1, Welcome but keep a low profile and enjoy the journey.
Hero
Novice

Post by Hero »

Thank you everyone!

Yes I am aware of the federal... Issues. I guess a little to know about me is my significant other is a law enforcement officer in the county sheriff dept. And I myself am in local politics... Don't shun me please lol I want to push the fight for this to be a hobby that does not have to operate in the gray. I'm more of a I don't care what you do as long as it does not hurt anyone 😁