Hi Everyone

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

collensj1723
Novice

Hi Everyone

Post by collensj1723 »

My name is Justin. I'm new to distilling and this community. I recently purchased an 8 gallon w/2" diameter dual purpose still that has an insert for an electric heating element. I'm really excited to start learning the craft and hopefully contributing to what seems like a fun community with a ton of knowledge. Look forward to sharing any tips I pick up along the way and thanks in advance for all the help! Have a great night.

R/Justin
Durhommer
Distiller

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by Durhommer »

Welcome aboard be safe and enjoy your journey through the forum
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
n_plains_drifter
Swill Maker

Post by n_plains_drifter »

Howdy Justin,

Welcome and there are lots of resources. Your setup is big enough that you'll be able to get some good results with the right prep and knowing how to take your distillate and 'cut' it. Welcome, and please share your enthusiasm.
collensj1723
Novice

Post by collensj1723 »

Durhommer wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:43 pm Welcome aboard be safe and enjoy your journey through the forum
Thanks Durhommer, been researching for a while and figured it was time to pull the trigger and make it real.
collensj1723
Novice

Post by collensj1723 »

n_plains_drifter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:46 pm Howdy Justin,

Welcome and there are lots of resources. Your setup is big enough that you'll be able to get some good results with the right prep and knowing how to take your distillate and 'cut' it. Welcome, and please share your enthusiasm.
Thanks Drifter. Been doing some research on when to make the cuts and that sure seems to be one of the most critical art/science aspects of the operations. I'm sure the first run will be interesting but hoping to gain experience each time after.