Intro

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

NBV
Novice

Intro

Post by NBV »

Good evening all,

I've been brewing beer for about 2 years now and i've decided to take the next step into distilling.
I'm still deciding on what still i want, one day i feel a T500 would be nice and simple, the next i think a modular still would be nice and it will allow me to upgrade as and when needed. Until then i will just keep on reading the forum and watching a couple of YouTube channels for as much info as possible.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Intro

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, careful on the YouTubes both good and bad. with the number of members we have sharing information this is the best place to find information.
Docstiller
Novice

Post by Docstiller »

Welcome! Many on here would advise building your own still. I am not very handy so I purchased a pre-made pot still from a US company. It has been working well for me but cost me more than it would have to build I am sure. Personally, I love what comes out of my simple pot still with a thumper and it is super easy to use/learn
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

welcome!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome NBV.
As others have said beware of Youtube information.
There your relying on one persons opinion and that can be very wrong at times........we know that from past experience.
Here you get the combined knowledge of many thousands of people, gathered from countless hours of hands on experience.