Hello, it's me.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

stud_distiller
Novice

Hello, it's me.

Post by stud_distiller »

Hi i just joined the forum, have a little excitement. I will edit this post with the setup i have and the destination i want to go. Thanks all :D
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: Hello, it's me.

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to HD. Before spending hard earned money. Read for months on the basics. Then focus on your personal interests. Understand what type of still, grain bill, and process will take you to your end goal. Good luck and enjoy the reading.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
stud_distiller
Novice

Post by stud_distiller »

Thanks for your reply, i was on the hunt for ideas for almost 3 months from this awesome forum and tart watched Barley And Hops and StillIt channels on YouTube, finally i decided to go with a CCVM setup. I had everything figured but i could not bend 3/8 OD copper to fit into 40mm column. I hope when i share all photos we can discuss further under a new topic.
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

welcome to HD. although the introduction area is not for discussion may i suggest you look at least for a 50mm pipe if you want to do a CCVM. if you can find a 76mm pipe that would be even better.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
stud_distiller
Novice

Post by stud_distiller »

I coludn't afford any pipe wider 40mm so i had to go with this. I will post under another topic about my setup plans and other things, thx a lot.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Welcome stud D
Seen your coil on other topic . You doing well . Enjoy the hobby . Once you got still built , time to reap rewards.
Cheers
stud_distiller
Novice

Here is my plan and parts i could built yet

Post by stud_distiller »

I am planning to make a modular CCVM with 40mm ID 60cm column, a 30cm lenght shotgun condenser consists of 7 sof copper tubes 3/8 OD in size.
As a boiler i bought 20litres (approx 5gallons US) food carrying bins made from 304 stainless steel. On the power side of things, the plan is to go with maximum 2200w 220v AC element inside boiler. After extensive research i made up my mind with this column diameter and the power source are just comply-adequate with each other. In the future the plan is using an old fridge radiator with fan to save cooling water. Here are some pictures.

1-General plan of the still drawing
2-The boiler
3-Parts for shotgun condenser -pipes straigtened as much as i can
4-Final on the shotgun condenser ( Used only 97tin 3copper solder, filled tubes with wet cotton to avoid melting)
stud_distiller
Novice

Post by stud_distiller »

This is the final setup, in case you want to see :P

Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am closing this thread as it is know longer a Welcome.