Gin. That’s all!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

ThatGeorgina
Novice

Gin. That’s all!

Post by ThatGeorgina »

Hey! I’m Georgina, my interest in making my own Gin has been peaked! I’m hoping to get some tips on safe production, the right equipment and not going blind!
Bushman
Admin

Re: Gin. That’s all!

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to HD, Odin’s easy gin in the Tried and True Recipe section is a great start point. Other variations including my gin recipe are tweaks to this original post recipe.
ThatGeorgina
Novice

Post by ThatGeorgina »

Thanks for that! I’ve seen a few videos for OEG over the past few days. However, I own zero gin making equipment yet! Looking to read, read and read again before I even think about beginning.
I’ve found a few good posts about equipment etc here already! Thank again!
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

ThatGeorgina wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:03 am Hey! I’m Georgina, my interest in making my own Gin has been peaked! I’m hoping to get some tips on safe production, the right equipment and not going blind!
Hey Georgina, welcome to HD!

Sounds like you're settling in just fine lol

Gin is a wonderful thing and you're definitely in the right community. Check out my blue gin when you want to kick it to the next level.

Read lots and ask good questions.

Cheers

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by howie »

ThatGeorgina wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:25 am Thanks for that! I’ve seen a few videos for OEG over the past few days. However, I own zero gin making equipment yet! Looking to read, read and read again before I even think about beginning.
to be clear, when you say zero gin equipment, have you got any distilling gear, or are you starting completely from scratch?
ThatGeorgina
Novice

Post by ThatGeorgina »

howie wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 pm
ThatGeorgina wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:25 am Thanks for that! I’ve seen a few videos for OEG over the past few days. However, I own zero gin making equipment yet! Looking to read, read and read again before I even think about beginning.
to be clear, when you say zero gin equipment, have you got any distilling gear, or are you starting completely from scratch?
Absolutely nothing. Zero. I have a basement, and an idea and this is literally all!