Hey From Tennessee Newbie

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

tndadof11
Novice

Hey From Tennessee Newbie

Post by tndadof11 »

Greetings all. Newbie here. I have been lurking several months, reading, reading, reading. I hadn’t planned to jump in quite yet, but I had been looking at stills online. One of the stills I had been looking at was an 8 gallon Mile Hi dual purpose still. I know it has limitations, but thought it might be a good still to learn on, prior to building one. Anyway, my sweet wife saw the open window, and ordered it for me for my birthday. So now I have a still!!

I have done my vinegar cleaning run, as well as a sacrificial run using a wash I made with the turbo yeast they sent with the still. I currently have 20 gallons of Shady’s Sugar Shine just about ready to go. I’m excited about my new hobby! I am looking forward to making a range of products; Neutral, gin, brandy and, of course Whiskey.

Thanks to all the folks who contribute so much wisdom to this site!!!
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Hey From Tennessee Newbie

Post by Demy »

Welcome to HD!
Not sure
Bootlegger

Post by Not sure »

Hi welcome from another new guy... newly registered long time reader
Stainless pot with copper shotgun I'm a simple kind of guy
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to HD and howdy from the Smokies
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Welcome to HD from Nashville! Glad to see some more TN’ns around here. Sounds like you’re off to a good start!

Cheers,
J
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————