Howdy

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Sigerson
Novice

Howdy

Post by Sigerson »

Did a few distillery tours a little while ago and got bitten by the bug, now spending way too much time reading and tinkering. Bought a 750w water distiller with a fan controller and have already run batches of sorghum syrup rum, cornflake whiskey (with enzymes, not sugar), rye whiskey (same), and have more than a few things fermenting. Enjoying starting small to tinker with the process and recipes, but slowly putting things together for a typical keg boiler pot still with a Liebig condenser. Mostly interested in things with flavor, not neutrals, so sticking to pot stilling for now, but keeping things modular for future options.

Especially interested in (for now): simultaneous saccharification/fermentation with things like Koji/Angel Yeast, sorghum based alcohols, steam injected boilers.

I really appreciate all the information this community so freely shares. Thank you!
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: Howdy

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to HD. Plenty of knowledgeable and opinionated folks to learn from. Sorry you fell through the cracks. I try to make sure everyone has at least one reply to their introduction. Good luck and enjoy the reading.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.