New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Pegdragger
Novice

Post by Pegdragger »

Hi guys and gals. I am new here, just signed up for the site. I am a long time beer maker and am about to up my game to distilling spirits. I do not have a still yet, I have ordered a 10 gallon pot still and it might be here in a couple months. I guess the free money people are getting has put a backlog on the still makers. I have everything else ready, (mash containers, etc) just waiting on my still to get here.

I am a longtime Moonshiners fan! Love the show, always makes me get up and get a nip of some good bourbon when I watch! :D
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: New member

Post by Demy »

Welcome on board!
opus345
Novice

Re: New member

Post by opus345 »

Welcome from another newbie. I am also waiting for a still to ship in 2 weeks (hopefully). I've been a brewer in the past and lately have been making wine kits and a fair amount of Skeeter Pee, Dragon's Blood (different variations), and Mead. I've already got a couple gallons of vinegar for the cleaning run and I've already fermented a 5 gal All Bran wash for the sacrificial run. Actually, I have a couple other washes I've fermented that are in glass under and airlock. The site has a ton of information and using the search features will usually answer your basic questions. Take care.