Newbie from South FL

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Smurtz
Novice

Newbie from South FL

Post by Smurtz »

Hi, I have had a little pot still for a few years now, have had a little success with it, but definitely nothing close to what I want. I found this form a while back but haven't really taken full advantage of what it has to offer. I guess I was one of those "I got a still now I should be able to pump out some amazing shine - no problem!" Yeah, that didn't work. LOL! I am determined to produce something I can be proud of! Thank you for allowing me to be here and with some time, research, and a little help I know I can get there.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Newbie from South FL

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome Smurtz
Smurtz wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:05 pm "I got a still now I should be able to pump out some amazing shine - no problem!"
How hard can it be hey!,,,,,,, :lol:
Lots arrive with that attitude, there is a bit more to it , it can be a steep learning curve and something you continue to learn about for many years.
Dr Griz
Bootlegger
Location: Stowed away aboard the flagship of a pirate zeppelin armada

Re: Newbie from South FL

Post by Dr Griz »

Smurtz wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:05 pm I am determined to produce something I can be proud of!
Welcome! Like many hobbies, I reckon that determination (and perseverance) is key. :thumbup:
qui bene bibit est beatus