North west fruit tree brandy

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Caliche
Novice

North west fruit tree brandy

Post by Caliche »

I'm just starting out my distilling journey. I've been building an electric keg pot and sixtel keg thumper and I'm getting pretty close to my sacrificial run!

HD has been a northstar along the way. Thank you. I'm basing this build on yummyrum's post.

There is a lot of fruit where I live, so I hope to make use of that. I have 12 gallons of plum wine from last summer waiting to run when I get this figured out. -cheers!
Bushman
Admin

Re: North west fruit tree brandy

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, lots of fruit threads here on HD. I just recently crushed and pressed 39 gallons of apple juice that I am currently making into both a brandy and an apple pie.
Caliche
Novice

Post by Caliche »

Thank you! I am super excited. I need to get a hold of some bigger fermenters before the fruit comes in this year.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome Caliche,

You’ve found a great resource to help you take advantage of all that fruit you have (totally envious here). Read lots and enjoy your build.

Twisted Brick
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Twisted Brick wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm Welcome Caliche,

You’ve found a great resource to help you take advantage of all that fruit you have (totally envious here). Read lots and enjoy your build.

Twisted Brick
Says the guy will trees full of plump lemons in his back yard. :crazy:
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillanoob »

Caliche wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:50 pm I'm just starting out my distilling journey. I've been building an electric keg pot and sixtel keg thumper and I'm getting pretty close to my sacrificial run!

HD has been a northstar along the way. Thank you. I'm basing this build on yummyrum's post.

There is a lot of fruit where I live, so I hope to make use of that. I have 12 gallons of plum wine from last summer waiting to run when I get this figured out. -cheers!
I think plum brandy might be my favorite. I like it white. Good luck with your rig and let us know how the plum run comes out, there a couple of plum threads around here you can chime in on.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Deplorable wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:14 pm
Twisted Brick wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm Welcome Caliche,

Twisted Brick
Says the guy will trees full of plump lemons in his back yard. :crazy:
Yeah, they're great for acid baths and making limoncello, if only lemons and limes were loaded with fermentable sugar!
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer