Hi.....I'm new here.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

JamesBond
Novice

Hi.....I'm new here.

Post by JamesBond »

Hello, all. I've been stilling for a few years now, but still feel like I don't know what I'm doing 100%. I thought I'd seek some info and wisdom here. I run a 5 gallon copper pot still from North Georgia Stills. Usually run a corn, barley and sugar wash, but want to incorporate some rye malt to hopefully get close to the flavor of "Climax" brand moonshine. I LOVE that rye flavor !! Anyway, I'm Tom and I look forward to learning a lot here.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hi.....I'm new here.

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to HD, unfortunately none of us have 100% of the answers. I also love my rye whiskey and make it using Jimbo’s Single Malt AG recipe substituting the Barley for Rye and reducing the percentage to accommodate my fermenters and still size. Good Luck.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Just thought I would have seen a martini introduction, not rye whiskey! Welcome bud :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Magic
Novice

Post by Magic »

welcome lot of good info here
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

Welcome Tom. My biggest improvement in quality was when i changed from a 5 gallon boiler to a 15 gallon keg. Cuts are much easier at higher volume.