European shochu

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

lbzlittle1
Novice

European shochu

Post by lbzlittle1 »

I am getting into distilling in order to make shochu. I’m brewed beer on and off for 15 years and have recently made a few batches of Japanese sake using a traditional method. My first batch of shochu or awamori (since I used aspergilis luchensis instead of oryzae) tasted great. I look forward to learning and sharing with others on this forum!
Last edited by acfixer69 on Sun May 09, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove unwanted advertisment
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: European shochu

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome to HD. Reading and patience are required for this hobby. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the reading.

And remove the tapatalk from your posts. That's also required
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

What smokey is saying, is remove the signature line in your tapatalk app settings. Its ok to use the app, but the sight doesn't want it promoted.
lbzlittle1
Novice

Post by lbzlittle1 »

Thanks for the tip. I think I got rid of it.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Welcome to the Homedistiller group! Lots of info around so please spend time reading and researching. I do a bit of koji cultivating and related culinary ferments plus a couple sake and rice wines. Lots of tidbits around here but interested in anything you want to share once you get situated.

Cheers-
Jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————