Hello from the Land of Enchantment (6,700 ft!)

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Calamity Jane
Novice

Hello from the Land of Enchantment (6,700 ft!)

Post by Calamity Jane »

Hi everyone, I'm Calamity Jane. I'm new to distilling, boyfriend introduced me to it. He has experience doing runs in the past. I decided to join because it seemed that every time I had a moonshine question and went to Google I ended up here. You guys have already helped us a few times with our new hobby, so thank you! I'm more of a reader/lurker than a poster, but I'll try to keep my questions concise and my rare contributions helpful. :wave:
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello from the Land of Enchantment (6,700 ft!)

Post by Expat »

Calamity Jane wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 pm Hi everyone, I'm Calamity Jane. I'm new to distilling, boyfriend introduced me to it. He has experience doing runs in the past. I decided to join because it seemed that every time I had a moonshine question and went to Google I ended up here. You guys have already helped us a few times with our new hobby, so thank you! I'm more of a reader/lurker than a poster, but I'll try to keep my questions concise and my rare contributions helpful. :wave:
Hey Jane, welcome to the show :)

Glad to have you join the conversation.

Have fun, play safe.

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Welcome to the HD community Calamity Jane! The reading and lurking experience is best once you’re a member and logged in. What kind of kit are y’all running?

Cheers.
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Welcome to club Jane. Great screen name.
I love 19th century US history and folk lore, and our dogs are Calamity Jane, and Annie Oakley. (only because my wife wouldn't let me name her Cockapoo Big Nose Kate.)
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
dunluce
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dunluce »

Welcome aboard! I joined about a year ago, after reading for quite a few months....haven't even scratched the surface yet. Lots of good people here to help out with everything you need. :)
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome, CJ!

HD will be a great resource to take your 'stilling to the next level. Enjoy the forum.

Years ago I spent a week in Albuquerque for work and witnessed a couple of the most fabulous sunsets I have ever seen. I'll bet they make for some grand spirit run sessions.

Twisted Brick
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Calamity Jane
Novice

Post by Calamity Jane »

jonnys_spirit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:09 pm Welcome to the HD community Calamity Jane! The reading and lurking experience is best once you’re a member and logged in. What kind of kit are y’all running?

Cheers.
-j
We have a 5 gallon stainless steel stock pot with copper pieces inside for the sulfites. 5 gallon paint bucket with 1/2 worm for the condenser.
SpeakEasy
Novice

Post by SpeakEasy »

Welcome! I lived in the Land of Enchantment for four years (2012-2016). Just outside the Sacramento Mountains.
The wise man has something to say. The fool has to say something.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Calamity Jane wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 am
jonnys_spirit wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:09 pm Welcome to the HD community Calamity Jane! The reading and lurking experience is best once you’re a member and logged in. What kind of kit are y’all running?

Cheers.
-j
We have a 5 gallon stainless steel stock pot with copper pieces inside for the sulfites. 5 gallon paint bucket with 1/2 worm for the condenser.
Sounds like a great starter and also if it's smaller a great gin or infusion still if/when you move into a larger boiler.

Stay safe!
Cheers,
jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————