Howdy, Y'all!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Moose Bonsai
Novice

Howdy, Y'all!

Post by Moose Bonsai »

Howdy, Y'all! I's want to tell y'all about how i added makin' likker to mah bucket list. Now I'm winder that a preacher on Sunday morn'in, so y'all can just skip this little story if'uns ya wish and just say "hi." I'd feel real good if'un I got me a whole bunch of "hi"s in da reply section.

Other wise, sit back and get ya a bit of sum likker. here's mah tale.

Oh, long 'bout 1992, me and mah buddy was'en backpackin' up thar in 'du Great Smoky Mountains. We'uns had climbed Mt. Stirling, camped, and hulled out our's big'O butts back down to explore a holler. We'uns set up a 'nother camp in that Big Crick holler.

As we'uns were fixin' to work our tents when a good'o boy from a campsite over younder, brought us'uns a pot of coffee and tossed a burning log into our f'ar pit. Weelll, bless his heart, he'en must have thunk we'uns didn’t even 'ave a pot to piss in. The thang that it was, see, after we'uns set up that thar camp, we'uns just had to return that thar coffee pot. It was just the naborly thang to do.

That's we'uns saw thar camp. Them'uns, three good'o boys in all, I tell ya, had road in, all 12-mile of backcountry, on 6 horses. Them'ens had brought with 'em every thang but 'da kitchin sink. Thar was three family size tents covered with extra tarps, one of 'em thar foldable full size tables, and CASTIRN SKILLETS! (can y'all belive that s'it). We'uns thank them good ol' boys for the coffee and f'ar starter. Y'all know what 'em backwood boys did next, they offered us a beer! Drink'in beer in the backcountry at a real table, well's I'd hat never seen nothin' like dat! Y'all wanta know what did 'appened next?

We'uns sat around dat table drinkin' beer and gett'en to know one'a'other, when Eddie Ford, that thar was'un one of 'em's name, just got up an belted out "Ol' Slewfoot" Ya know that thar song by Johnny Horton, but ock-ee-palla! Man! He'uns had a sweet voice. We'uns started backwoods partin' at that! After passin' around a few of thar beers, and more ock-ee-palla singing by Eddie, the oldest of the thee of 'em, said, "Well, you'en seem like good enough folk, I want ya to try somethin'." From deep in a cooler, where them'uns had more brown trout than the law would allow, he'uns pulled out one of 'em Crystal Pepsi two litter bottles, only dat thar clear stuff had no fizzy bubbles.

I got a little scared as 'un I thunk it might be some of that shine, I heard so much 'bout. They'ens started passing the Pepsi Clear bottle around, and it WAS shine! Can y'all believe dat! I was'en scared to drink it at first, so mah first few sips I kept muh tongue over the bottle opening so I wouldn't get any in muh mouth. But, the third or fourth time round the circle, I accidently took a gulp.

Oh Muh Goodness! that was the smooooothest Kentucky Bourbon, I'd ever tasted. It was'en sooooooth as d'uh dusky down on the elk. I'm tellin' y'all it was smooooth! We'ens spent 'da rest of 'da night drinking that shine and listen' to Eddie Ford sing, ask'in questions about the shine make'in and all. Had the best of times. As we'uns were headin' back to our campsite, I heard the old fella say, "This'uns 'da last dam run of likker I'm ever gonna make."

And that thar is the truest story I'd ever told. Ever since that day, I decided 'em and thar dat I'd be makin' mah some homemade likker, someday. Guss y'all mit'en say I'd added to mah bucket list. I'm hope'en y'all can help me check this one off!

Love y'all

Michael
Setsumi
Distiller

Re: Howdy, Y'all!

Post by Setsumi »

welcome Moose. man, have to say appart from goose eye yon would be the hardest write i have read on here.. mind i did figure it out and love your way with the words. please entertain us in the lair bench thread some more.
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

You might want to read this thread. Figure you could contribute with the story just told. https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=40118

Welcome to the discussion
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome Moose - great story man
Dr Griz
Bootlegger
Location: Stowed away aboard the flagship of a pirate zeppelin armada

Post by Dr Griz »

Thanks for sharing your truest!