Intro Post

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

gmaccorkle
Novice

Intro Post

Post by gmaccorkle »

Extremely new to HD. I have really started to enjoy craft liquor more and more, I like whiskey, bourbon and tequilas. I have not made anything as of yet but have spent the last few months watching George and Jessie on youtube. I have just about all the of the parts needed to complete my still and my boiler is a hand me down modified 1/4 keg. I am from the mid-atlantic area near the birthplace of this great nation I am looking forward to learning and cant wait to start making and experimenting....safely of course.
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Intro Post

Post by subbrew »

Welcome You will find a lot of information here, some of which will contradict what you saw on youtube. Read a lot and enjoy the learning. And there are a lot of people here willing to help.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome gmac!

Enjoy your dip down this wonderous rabbit hole!

Twisted Brick
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome gmac plenty of great advice on completing your build here
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Have fun, stay safe, and take what you learned from George with a tablespoon of salt. His videos should be labeled "for entertainment purposes only" and found in the fiction section.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome aboard Gmac.
A agree with Deplorable's comment...beware a lot of that information...
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome! Those same Youtube dudes are the ones that got me interested enough to get me here, now that I'm here, i have learned that we don't talk about G. Jessie is cool though....i think
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens