New Distiller

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Iain
Novice

New Distiller

Post by Iain »

Hey everyone. I'm new in the distilling game, before distilling I did home-brewing and still do.

Thanks for taking me on board.

I'm already reading through the novice content and it's providing quite a lot of support.

I have a homemade 10l pot stil with a thumper(or gin basket). Currently building a new still using a 30l beer keg.

I'll keep you updated if anyone is interested :thumbup:
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: New Distiller

Post by still_stirrin »

Welcome aboard Iain. You’ve come to the best website in the world for hobby distillers. Indeed, there is a world of information here. Definitely study the Novice forums. And check out the Construction forums as well. And don’t miss the Tried & True recipe forums, as that is an excellent place to start with your distiller’s ferments. Homebrewing experience will assist you in this effort, but brewing for distillation is slightly different than brewing for consumption. The T&T recipes will help bridge the gap.

Be safe. Be responsible. And be discrete.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
Iain
Novice

Post by Iain »

@stil_stirrin thanks for the feedback. Oh I forgot to add I'm situated in Gauteng, South Africa. Not sure if anyone else on here from the same area but could be nice to share some local solutions to material challenges.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, we do have members from SA not sure how close they would be to you! Enjoy the journey!