Introduction

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Scfd21
Novice

Introduction

Post by Scfd21 »

Been making different attempts to begin learning all that is to know. Looking forward to gleaning some tips from those more experienced here to remove some of the mystery and get a better result than I have so far.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Introduction

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome Scfd. Learning all there is to know will take you the next 50 years or more.....be content to learn the basics first......work from there.
River Rat
Swill Maker

Post by River Rat »

Welcome! I think you'll find that your product will improve drastically as you master the basics. Then as you pick up on the smaller nuances you can improve bit by bit from there on out. That's been my experience anyway. Have fun and be safe.
Plain ole pot rig.
ash_from_oz
Novice

Post by ash_from_oz »

Large amount of learning to do, and at the rate that it grows probably never learn it all, but I think you'll just be happy as you learn along the way and each time you produce a slightly nicer drop it's a little win to celebrate.

Some times you won't make something better, or you'll do something completely wrong, but those are the lessons that will stick.

That being said the more time you spend reading around here, the less hard lessons you need to learn and the quicker you can get better likker coming off the spout