Greetings

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

RockinRockies
Swill Maker

Greetings

Post by RockinRockies »

Greetings from Denver.
I've been making various alcohols for over a decade, I'm in Denver metro, and I've recently upgraded my column massively to accommodate my tight schedule. I can only make 5 runs a year and I mostly only drink what I make ~ 90%, so time is critical.

I've been a long time reader here and never engaged, but I've realized I have questions HD search results and copious reading hasn't answered.
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Re: Greetings

Post by SmokyMtn »

Welcome. City livin will do that. I wish you luck
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
RockinRockies
Swill Maker

Post by RockinRockies »

Hello! thank you.

We own 10 acres next to 165 acres of BLM land by the royal gorge but we're disgusted with the state of Colorado. Looking for 200+ acres somewhere that I can start making assorted small batch brandies.
That and growing my own grains.

Ten year plan, farm to glass
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

Welcome from another disgusted person, who is just getting a start on this craft. I have similar interests. Planted 19 fruit trees this spring in hope of making brandies in a few years. Also growing high sugar sorghum to be able to make what I call northern molasses (sorghum syrup) to make a rum like product.
RockinRockies
Swill Maker

Post by RockinRockies »

subbrew wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:29 am Welcome from another disgusted person, who is just getting a start on this craft. I have similar interests. Planted 19 fruit trees this spring in hope of making brandies in a few years. Also growing high sugar sorghum to be able to make what I call northern molasses (sorghum syrup) to make a rum like product.
Awesome!!!!
That is very exciting to hear
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome RR - don't let 'the man' wear you down.

Slainte
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Seems more and more folks are getting tired of the state of things and looking for a small patch of land to become more self sufficient and less reliant on the state. We're working on a 3 year plan to unass our state as well and find a few acres to enjoy life on a hobby farm after retirement. Dont need much, just room for a garden, some poultry, a couple pigs and 3 or 4 head of miniature cattle.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
RockinRockies
Swill Maker

Post by RockinRockies »

Deplorable, thank you. It's appears the unavoidable cycle of our species.

Rugged individualism creates abundance which creates weakness and dependency. Veneration to a higher power, voluntaryism, and family hierarchy is replaced with the state. And then it all recycles after the raw and awful force of the state genocides it's population.

I'd love the cycle to stop, but from what I've read... It cannot. It is beyond us for now.

What I see as promising is that many of the folks that express the desire to with their own land, don't care too much for politics. That makes me happy