Introduction

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Nobobross
Novice

Introduction

Post by Nobobross »

Hello all, been reading the forum for a few months now. I don't have still built yet. I have most of the parts i need just lack a few more. It's a reflux that I got off the "learntomoonshine.com" site. Have a friend that's been making shine for many years, he has a potstill.He let me borrow a little tabletop electric distilled he had in the closet till I got mine built(only does a gallon at a time). Thing looks like a coffee urn. Not sure who makes it. Model MH-DA4B. I've done about 4 or 5 sugar washes, the corn flake and the gerber, and one that I made using cranberry concentrate, it was tasting real nice and I wanted to make some wine out of it but I had 2 five gallon washes going and 5 gallons of Apple in the glass carboy and was all out of fermenters lol. I've also experimented with the nuking. Well that's enough rambling for now I guess. I hail from South Mississippi.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. Beware of the tabletop still. Most have contraband materials that can hurt you. Read and then ask. It's all here.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, anything less than five gallons makes cuts a lot more difficult. Enjoy the journey and after reading some of the information here you will get a better understanding of all aspects of the hobby.
Nobobross
Novice

Post by Nobobross »

Thanks for the info. I did read a lot on the tabletops. Took that sucker apart, seems to be all SS where the likker touches. I have a 15.5 and a 5 gallon keg that will be used for the reflux still. Almost there!😀
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome aboard Nobo
Nobobross wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:23 pm It's a reflux that I got off the "learntomoonshine.com" site.
It might be an idea to put a photo or something of that design in a thread here so that members can give it the once over before you start building. It would be disappointing for you if you end up building something that is out dated or badly designed.
Best to build once and do it right.
If its this one its been out dated for years. Better to look at some designs here on the forum.
https://learntomoonshine.com/how-to-mak ... made-still