Good evening!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mr Stinky Fish
Novice

Good evening!

Post by Mr Stinky Fish »

G'day there all. Long time lurker first time poster, and what a brilliant place to get educted on distilling!

I'm a Paramedic and Dad of two great kids. I started to get interested in making spirits last year during lockdown.

My first "washes" have come from my aquarium CO2 reactors. If anyone is interested, I'll write up a bit about them. Molasses, water and yeast in a 2 liter bottle, replaced every two weeks. Basically I use the CO2 as a nutrient for my aquarium plants and keep the wash til I've got enough to make rum :D (I like the efficiency of the system as well as the byproduct to drink)

Anyway, cheers to all!
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Re: Good evening!

Post by Rum Agol »

Welcome Stinky fish. I love the idea of using the CO2 reactors to make rum - its a great way to recycle :thumbup: ( now if only I had a 100L bottle and a shark tank :D ).
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, I would like more detail in the appropriate thread to better understand what you are doing. Pictures explaining the process is always welcome.
Mr Stinky Fish
Novice

Post by Mr Stinky Fish »

Rum Agol wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:32 am Welcome Stinky fish. I love the idea of using the CO2 reactors to make rum - its a great way to recycle :thumbup: ( now if only I had a 100L bottle and a shark tank :D ).
Hey Rum Agol, yeah I like that aspect of it too. The reactors are a good teaching tool for kids too. They come and tell me when it stops bubbling!
Mr Stinky Fish
Novice

Post by Mr Stinky Fish »

Bushman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:44 am Welcome, I would like more detail in the appropriate thread to better understand what you are doing. Pictures explaining the process is always welcome.
G'day Bushman, I took some pics and am happy to do a little write up. I see your an admin, could you suggest a good area to post please?
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Your write up can go in several places I would suggest either the Novice Distillers, or since you use it for Rum maybe the rum forum.
Mr Stinky Fish
Novice

Post by Mr Stinky Fish »

Bushman wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:48 am Your write up can go in several places I would suggest either the Novice Distillers, or since you use it for Rum maybe the rum forum.
Working on it now, thanks for your interest. I'll add a link here when it's up :thumbup: