Noob here

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

jimmykrackcorn
Novice

Noob here

Post by jimmykrackcorn »

I have had the distilling bug for a while. I'm a chef by trade with 34 years experience. I hope this helps me with my endeavors. I like to drink and I know that will help me along also. Lol. I look forward to learning from the experienced as well as the others new to the craft. Thank for having me.
miletwo
Novice

Re: Noob here

Post by miletwo »

Welcome. Your palate should help you with recipe development and understanding what goes into making what you like to drink. Have fun!
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Welcome Jimmy,

I think you'll find the parallels between cooking and distilling (mashing really) quite tangible. Fine-tuning of your spirits to please your palate means you get to drink what others can't buy.

Have fun.

Twisted Brick
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome, i look forward to hearing your take on the taste of different distillates and ingredients
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens