Greetings from Ohio

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Wrestlingguy165
Novice

Greetings from Ohio

Post by Wrestlingguy165 »

Hello HD Forums

I am a 21 year old home distiller from Ohio going on my second year of distilling. I have been using the forums for a while now and finally decided it was time to join the community. I have fell in love with the craft and am excited to see where it takes me. Happy Distilling everyone!
River Rat
Swill Maker

Re: Greetings from Ohio

Post by River Rat »

Welcome aboard Wrestler! I'm sure you will enjoy the journey. I started about the same age you are now and I'm still hooked on it nearly 20 years later. Read, read, read and it won't take long at all to be making some really good stuff.
Plain ole pot rig.
Wrestlingguy165
Novice

Post by Wrestlingguy165 »

Wow that is so awesome. That is encouraging that you've kept with it for so long! Thank you for the greeting and for the advice!
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

River Rat wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:52 pm I started about the same age you are now and I'm still hooked on it nearly 20 years later. Read, read, read and it won't take long at all to be making some really good stuff.
+1

The distilling knowledge/expertise available 20 years ago was certainly a fair bit less than what is widely accessible today. Kinda difficult not to succeed with all the free problem-solving and advice just waiting to be taken advantage of.

Welcome to HD!
Last edited by Twisted Brick on Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

Welcome, wrestling. Stay safe. Don’t tell, don’t sell…
Good judgement is the result of experience.

Experience is usually the result of bad judgement..