Hello from South Texas

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

kingsavage
Novice

Hello from South Texas

Post by kingsavage »

Hello.

My wife recently retired (I'm not far behind) and she and I have talked about fermentation and hobby-level distillation for years. We recently purchased some beautiful, very simple, copper equipment and are now taking our time gathering information. We have both work(ed) in the gas/oil business for most of our entire careers and have good knowledge of the distillation process in general. Now we just need to apply it to a new hobby :)

I have been a member of many forums over the years, mostly automotive/racing related, and want to thank this forum for what it represents in the free sharing of information. We will do our best to provide the most accurate and detailed information that we can.

Thanks!

Jon & Kelly
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: Hello from South Texas

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. There are a few husband and wife teams here. Best to you on the adventure.
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

:wave: Welcome, neighbor. Hope you enjoy the ride! Read up and dive in.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome from s.e Tx.!
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens