Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

greeneyedstiller
Novice

Hello

Post by greeneyedstiller »

Newbie, I wanted to introduce myself as a newbie from Georgia (Atlanta Metro) and looking forward to learning more about distillation. I am interested in bourbon and looking at ways of aging it and blending different batches over time. My interest are bourbon and BBQ and hoping one day I can make a livin at what I love. I am a BBQ judge with GA BBQ association as well and traveled the state tasting great BBQ and meeting great people. :

Thanks for reading.
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello

Post by Expat »

Hey GreenEyed, welcome to HD!

You're definitely in the right place for some amazing bourbon, and all the required knowledge to bootstrap up from nothing is here to. When you're further along and confident with all grain brewing I would suggest you check out Honey Bear Bourbon; I just put a barrel of that away in my cellar, dam fine stuff.

Anyways, welcome again, read lots and ask good questions when you're stuck.

Have fun, play safe!

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by Twisted Brick »

Expat wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:32 pm Hey GreenEyed, welcome to HD!

You're definitely in the right place for some amazing bourbon...
+1

Just put a 5gal barrel of classic rye bourbon to bed a few months back and busy distilling more so I keep out of it. Like 'Que, this hobby is a labor of love that makes every step of the way worth it.

Enjoy the ride,

Twisted
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Bbq and Bourbon, is there any better?
Welcome to the group!
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens