Neophyte in New Hampshire

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

foxxtrot
Novice

Neophyte in New Hampshire

Post by foxxtrot »

Hello Home Distillers!

I have recently developed an interest in Distillation, spawning from a history of doing some Home Brewing, developing a growing interest in Whiskey and recently beginning to experiment with infused-but-not-distilled spirits to serve as mixers. I am in the process of relocating from Louisiana to New Hampshire, and have started doing plenty of reading and planning on getting started in this hobby.

I've read The Joy of Home Distillation, and am taking the time I have now to plan my first still build, with a focus on Pot Distillation, though I'm hoping to have a modular enough system to eventually start playing with a reflux column. I'm also deeply interested in any efforts around improving access for Craft and Hobby Distillers, and I'm hoping there are some efforts I can get involved in within that space.
buzzard_bill
Novice

Re: Neophyte in New Hampshire

Post by buzzard_bill »

Welcome foxtrot, fellow distiller and neighbor here. If your close by, I would not mind the company on my next run.
foxxtrot
Novice

Re: Neophyte in New Hampshire

Post by foxxtrot »

Hey Bill, actually in Louisiana now, while we remodel our new place in Bow. Will definitely reach out once we're up there.