Newbie to distilling

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Davewhitfield987
Novice

Newbie to distilling

Post by Davewhitfield987 »

I’ve been home brewing for about 5 years and a neighbour showed me his stills. Air still and a T500. He makes vodka and flavours his spirits. They were very nice to taste so I’ve took the plunge and bought a T500. I’m away on Holiday at the moment but me and my wife can’t wait to get into this hobby. I’ll be doing basic sugar washes until I get my head around it. Then I’ll probably buy a few more attachments and gadgets to have a go at mashing etc. Thanks for letting me in. Hopefully I’ll gleen the knowledge
Sporacle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Newbie to distilling

Post by Sporacle »

:D Welcome mate, take your time and read heaps. The search function is great, have fun and stay safe
" you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends; but you can't always wipe your friends off on your saddle" sage advice from Kinky Friedman
Corn Cracker
Swill Maker

Post by Corn Cracker »

Welcome to the group!
"To ease the pressures of this world here's the way i got it figured, the thing to do for me and you is to drink lots of good corn liquor"
Buck Owens
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome if you are planning on making flavored vodka drinks let me suggest a book.
HOMEMADE Liqueurs and Infused Spirits by Andrew Schloss.