Hi from Adelaide

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

danbrewman
Novice

Hi from Adelaide

Post by danbrewman »

Hi Guys

Im Dan from Adelaide in Aust. Ive been brewing beer and distilling for 8 years off and on. Started out doing extract brews, experimenting with partial and all grain brews. I have been lucky enough to be able to work my way up to 1200l commercial brew house learning the ropes in a mates brewery locally.

I have just dusted off my T500 still and am looking to expand on my brewing knowledge and learn the finer aspects of home distillation to be able to produce an extremely high quality products. Im also interested in the different equipment setups as I'm sure the further I go down the rabbit hole a need for different equipment will arise.

Currently I am working on making a quality rice vodka, this is a grain I haven't used before and is proving to be a challenge.
Sporacle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hi from Adelaide

Post by Sporacle »

Hey Dan, lots of great info and helpful people here, enjoy
" you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends; but you can't always wipe your friends off on your saddle" sage advice from Kinky Friedman
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Welcome aboard Dan, there are quite a lot of us Aussies here.
danbrewman wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 pm Im also interested in the different equipment setups as I'm sure the further I go down the rabbit hole a need for different equipment will arise.
If its different types of stills your interested in I suggest this link just to wet your appetite, https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... 50&t=66917 You can learn a lot more by looking through the forums build threads, there is a hell of a lot of information here on how to build the different types of stills. Be sure you know what you need before jumping in. Your T500 isnt a bad start , but will only take you so far.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Welcome, from northern Victoria.

Geoff
The Baker
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

AHey welcome to HD Dan
If you are the DanBrew I think you are , I can vouch that you can make a damn fine Whiskey
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Theres a scaric left , I was hoping to give Salty a taste .
F7167838-C7C7-4DCE-8D61-64607E8B7FAA.jpeg
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Geeeze I dont like the chances of that lasting long enough for me to get a taste. :(
Archee72
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Archee72 »

Welcome Dan